As tradesman carrying out regular and emergency work at homes and businesses, we have a responsibility to take precautions against the spread of Covid-19. We ARE continuing to operate a normal service, but have taken the steps to assist in protecting our customers and ourselves.
We will be amending our scheduled jobs accordingly. Jobs may need to be postponed, cancelled or brought forward. Please let us know as soon as possible If you need to amend your bookings. We will do our utmost to keep you informed if we need to change bookings.
If a trades person is coming into your home or workplace at this time you should not be scared to ask for reassurance as to the steps that are taking to prevent the spread of the virus.
As a business we are taking the following steps to keep informed around the CV19 crisis :
1. We will be Keeping abreast of the latest health and safety advice from Public Health England (PHE), the NHS and The World Health organisation (WHO).
2. We are continually reassessing the information from these authorities to make sure we are minimising the spread of the virus and protecting our customers and employees.
Health & Safety Steps we are taking at this point in time are:
• Wiping hands with antibacterial wipes before arrival at a customer’s property and during the work.
• Wearing shoe covers
• Wearing disposable gloves
• Wiping the area that we have been working on with antibacterial wipes on completion of a job
• Disposing of gloves in a plastic bag in the van.
• Wiping tools with sterile wipes after leaving a customer’s property
• Limiting unnecessary contact where possible (no handshakes etc)
• Providing our own towels on vans
This may change and be updated depending on the official advice.
In this post we are simply sharing the steps that we believe are responsible steps to take as tradespeople. For official advice please consult the World Health Organisation, the NHS and the health and safety executive.